Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Sabbath

Hello. Today was Sunday, hence the title of this post. Well, it still is Sunday.

OK.

Today Tettey, Jane, Theofo, Adotey, Rita and I had arranged to meet an old friend of Ray's who has just recently started working at the Australian High Commission here in Ghana. About 15 minutes before we were meant to be there a group rocked up in a bus and I found out that I had to take publicity photos of them for some reason. So, I spent half an hour farting around with them – photographing them with 25 backseat photographers giving me lots of irritating advice ("Oh, shoot there"). Eventually, they seemed satisfied enough so we left for Robin's (Ray's friend) house, where he and some friends were jamming. Tettey, Theofo, Adotey and I joined in. It was kind of awkward initially and was rad at times. We played Afro Blue. We also had lunch – spaghetti and meatballs which was FANTASTIC. I have been craving spaghetti for a while. I think I have a problem. It was doubly fantastic because Theofo had to eat white man food – he loves giving white people shit for having trouble with African food but doesn't like eating white people food. It was nice to turn the tables.

The dinner tables.

Then we came back and hung out for a bit. Theofo and I ate some fish and pepper that Theofo cooked – we were both full but ate anyway. We talked some shit for a while and that was pretty much it.

In other news, to pimp Fat Gold Chain some more, the first podcast episode is up. GO HERE to subscribe in iTunes.

As per usual, that is a command, not a request.

Thank you so much for reading and making me feel cool and loved.

Well, for reading anyway.

Also, I posted this yesterday, but just so you know for SURE, I am leaving for Gambia on Tuesday now – my Monday flight was 'cancelled'.

This means I should be able to post again tomorrow.

Cool dudes.
Bye.

No comments: