Saturday, October 16, 2010

I'm going away.

On Monday, for four weeks. I bought my ticket on Thursday.

Hello.

So, on Thursday I took a trip to Accra Mall to pay the travel agent. That was pretty much my day. I also bought the downloadable copy of the Lonely Planet guide for West Africa - I needed to book some accommodation for when I got to Gambia.

On Friday I made a few phone calls and booked some accommodation – I think I booked a place for the first 3 nights. I hope so, anyway. I didn't get a confirmation number or anything so we'll see how I go. I'm sure it'll be fine.

I'll be staying in Bakau and trying to get some lessons in sabar drumming. I'll keep you posted.

I've also spent a fair bit of time doing computer music work, getting some things ready for the upcoming FAT GOLD CHAIN PODCAST. It will be very exciting for you. Kanchana is currently putting the first episode together – it will be up before Monday. Every week we'll have a new episode available with some interesting tidbits – music, news, repartee and such – so you can follow what we're up to. It will be like having me and Kanchana in your ears, whenever you want. Also, we're going to set it up so that if you like any of the music you hear in the podcast, you will be able to buy it here.

What a plan!

The podcast is a way to force ourselves to write a bunch of new music – over the next four months or so we are hoping to create several themed albums worth of material – the podcast will be a sort of record of our progression. I hope you subscribe and enjoy it. There will be an iTunes link shortly – it's coming. For now, click here to subscribe. Alternatively, you can check the Fat Gold Chain website on Monday mornings.

Thanks. Have FUN.

No comments: