Sunday, October 24, 2010

I've started lessons

Hi. Still no proper internet connection. Still paying a bunch to connect through my phone. Just so I can write here. For you.

Good lord I am lovely.

Anyhows, I have started lessons with my new teacher, Doudou. He seems good. So far I am enjoying myself – I'm learning sabar drumming which is very nice. The technique is also completely different from anything else I've played. Quite stupid of me really, wanting to learn it. However, it is a new thing for me to conquer and I am feeling a little conquerous, which is good.

So, things are going well enough. Lamin/Kala (King Marong's brother) is looking after me – showing me around, feeding me and generally checking up on me – which has been great. I hope I am not too rude or needy.

Oh well.

That's about it for now. I'm pretty stuffed. I've had a few hours' worth of lessons yesterday and today, haven't had much sleep and will start again at 9 or so tomorrow morning. I think Doudou's group has training from 11 until 1 or something, so I will probably hang around for that. I hope to also go and visit my friend at the no-internet cafe. Maybe I will actually get some connection tomorrow –shhhh, don't jinx it.

That's about it. It's really freaking hot.

How are you?
Ok bye.

1 comment:

SPD said...

Shhhh - is legend.