Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A few days' worth of delicious post.

Hello, my good friend. It's been a while. Here's a quick, day-by-day sort of account of what I've been up to until you last heard from me on this blog on the internet.

On Saturday night I went to bed fairly late – about 2am. This was because Pen (my lover) had been running in the marathon and I got to talk to her while she was running and then again after she had finished and that was exciting for me and she ran the whole way what a good girl. 

Then I got woken up at 4am by Theofo who wanted a talking drum and some shakers that were in my room for some fetish thing. That was mildly unpleasant, but I went back to sleep.

Only to be woken up again less than two hours later – the 'fetish thing' that Theofo needed the drum for was now happening outside. Great. At the time I didn't know this for sure, but could hear fetish drumming and singing and suspected it was a bit too much of a coincidence. All the same, I stayed in bed and hoped it would go away. 

It didn't.

Instead, someone came and said I had to go outside. I told them to go away. Then, someone else came and told me I had to go outside. I could sense the inevitability of a pattern emerging, so gave in, got dressed and went.

Outside, Theofo appeared to have been possessed by a spirit who had a message for someone in the house. There were about 6 or 7 other guys around him, playing drums, clapping, singing and pouring gin everywhere. That's about it. Theofo did a lot of spinning around, yelling, hitting himself quite hard and miming messages. It was interesting, but not at 6 in the morning.

How foolish I was for thinking that I was lucky I don't have to go to church every Sunday morning. Instead, church came to me. Hooray for that.

This all finished at about 8 or so – I fell back to sleep for a few hours and then… can't really remember what else happened that day. I know I was tired and grumpy. For a change. I think I had a nap during the day.

On Monday, Theofo was still feeling sick from the stuff the day before, so I didn't have a lesson. I went into town and bought some cups, bowls, plates, cutlery and a washing tub to make myself more self-sufficient. That was exhilarating. For dinner, I went to a chop bar with Theofo and had rice with tomato stew and chicken. That was ok I suppose.

On Tuesday I pretty much organised my travel to The Gambia. I have a plane ticket booked to leave Accra next Monday the 18th of October. At the moment, my return flight is booked for the 14th of November – this gives me four weeks in Banjul. I'm not sure what my internet connectivity will be like but I will try to keep this wonderful blog going if possible. If not possible, you'll just have to wait. With bated breath. 

Eww.

I still didn't have a lesson with Theofo – he still wasn't feeling good. I had chicken and fried rice for dinner.

Today, I don't feel like I've done much. I did a fair bit of computer music work – I did a rough remix of one of the songs that Kanchana and I released (coming soon) – but that's about it. I've still been rehearsing with Kusun each day and doing a bit of practice but am looking forward to moving away for a bit. No lesson today either.

I haven't had dinner yet. I have had really bad indigestion for the last 4 hours or so and don't feel like eating. But I will. I'm not sure what though – I'll be sure to let you know.

How interesting for you.

I hope your life is fantastic and that the spirit is looking after you.

By the way, Kanchana and Arun made some really good tracks. You can listen to them here. I think they're going to be selling them soon – I didn't ask permission to link to them so HURRY!

Here's a sample for those of you who don't like clicking on links:



Village by CreaturesMusic

The end. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm hooked again. Trust The Gambia goes well. b