Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Weekend. Of Jacob.

Yo.

Saturday: A big day. I went to a funeral with Theofo (a different person dying from the previously mentioned one - this guy was the husband of someone I met in Ghana 9 years ago). It was big. And a day. A big day, some would say - we hung around and listened to overly-loud and distorted music, ate, drank a lot of coke and then went home. I met a heap of people. On the way home I went to the bank. Then I watched Resident Evil: Extinction, which was quite good. Then I slept.

Sunday: A bigger day. I got up at 5.00 and went running. As I mentioned a few posts ago, every Sunday a large group of people run down to the beach (a couple of km) singing, drumming and all running in time. This week, I joined. We ran to the beach, then hung around (in the rain) and did aerobic exercises and stretches, ran up and down the beach, (running up and down in soft sand is hard. The main running I did here was running away) then ran back. I ran the whole way there, did a few exercises and got laughed at and then ran most of the way back (my stomach got upset. And I'm unfit. And lazy. And I cry all the time).

This running thing was a great idea. < /sarcasm>

Actually, despite my SORE HIP (see much earlier post - a theme, perhaps?) I have been ok since and will do it again next week. It was actually quite enjoyable hanging out with dudes running and being the token white guy. I will do it every week, laziness permitting.

After the running (got home at about 7.30), I had a very eggy breakfast. Laterz on, Tettey and I went and got a large pile of food and drinks (including 5 chickens) for a party tonight. The rationale for the party involved the guys in the band getting upset that I kept quiet about my birthday (until the day after when we had cake). They were upset that they didn't get to celebrate with me, that is, they were upset that I didn't throw them a party with free food and drinks (in my honour, of course. And from my wallet). So I did.

Between buying chickens and the party, young Tetteh (Tettey's second son) and I watched Alien Resurrection. It was a pretty awful movie.

Right now, the party is sorta maybe finishing but still kinda going on. I, having satisfactorily attended to my hosting duties for the evening, am stuffed and going to bed. I will try and get up ridiculously early tomorrow too. I'm kinda like the Energizer battery man. Yeah. That's right. You read it here first.

Comment, email, follow, love.

A kick in the face to all the haters out there,
Jacob

3 comments:

Girl in the little black dress said...

Hi Jacob, sorry its been ages since i said hi!! Scout apologizes to. I am glad your loving it so much over there, but am once again jealous as I am back at school again, after 2 weeks of hols. Im happy for you, that you have so many admirers over there, and seem to be fitting in perfectly (which is a bit worrying, but not a bad thing). I was starting to worry about you on ur birthday, that you were all alone, but then I foundout you had cake and thought, no its all good, who was I kidding, LOL. also glad you came out and told people it was ur birthday. You and I are more alike then I thought, I could not keep it hidden for long either without people knowing, lol. Hope you threw yourself an awsome party for everyone to enjoy. Keep partying, drumming and running on!!! Miss you!!! Love from Abb. P.s. How rude of me, I have not even commented on the hair and the mo. hmmm, where to start?? Well, I dont really know what to say yet. leave it wif me, ok?? bye!! =)

GD said...

I have to go town soon and I've just finished work and am a bit tired - not really fair on me is it. Blast having a social life.

I know this isn't much of a comment. It's a non-sequitur of a comment - which works for me, cos I wanted to use the term "non-sequitur". Nonetheless, a comment it is.

Anonymous said...

Hello, i just wrote you a massive comment with heaps of cool and exciting stuff in it, and then something happened when i pressed the preview button, and i lost it all...
so..
happy birthday for last tuesday!!
it was also my birthday!!! we should be friends.
Good bye
p.s. how do you use these HTML tags??