Saturday, January 10, 2009

Voting is stupid

Well, all the millions of votes are in and have been counted, checked and checked again - the results are 50/50 (from 4 votes... thanks. You guys must really care).

So, my next song will be Devo Go to Ghana or Jessica, depending on what I feel. Although, the reason I did the poll was so I didn't have to choose - for you, dear readers, I will do so anyway.

Because I care.

In other news, I went to the Accra Mall yesterday. This was a bad experience. The Accra Mall is like a mini chadstone - all white tiles, Nike and air conditioning - in the middle of surrounding poverty. So, yeah. Feel free to feel righteous about that.

Although I am a little bit ashamed, I did have a chicken burger and chips at Barcelo's, a Nando's ripoff which I think was actually nicer than Nando's. It was delicious.

Also delicious are these biscuits I saw in the supermarket and subsequently bought:



They're coming back with me and will find their way to the stomach of some lucky person back home. Yummy.

Today I went out with Thomas, an old friend of my mother's and lecturer at the teacher's college in Winneba. I went and saw a couple of the schools that he helped set up in Teshie then went and had coconuts and lunch at his house with his family. This was nice. Because he's been in Winneba for most of the time I've been here and his kids (the youngest two are around my age) have been at Uni, I haven't seen as much of them as I would have liked to, I realised today. Oh well. Next time.

An interesting tidbit for you sentimentalists: when I was here 9 years ago I went to Thomas's house and had coconut from the same tree and sat in the same spot and so on. So there. Take that.

Thanks for reading. Home soon.

Bye.

1 comment:

SPD said...

I am first in line for a "Salticrax".

Any of you other bitches who want them, you know where to find me.