Thursday, January 15, 2009

I leave in 10 hours

At about 10pm today, my flight leaves Ghana. I'll probably be on it. From there, I have a day in Amsterdam and three days in Kuala Lumpur, so you're not free yet - this blog still has a little bit to go.

The last few days have been pretty good - a little bit busy but nothing too frantic. I have all my stuff pretty much organised and ready to pack but am taking time out of my packing time to write this for you. However, while I do have a lot of deep, deep thoughts and feelings to express about my time in Ghana as well as a few nice stories about my last few days here, I don't really have the headspace to structure it all right now. I figure I can plan it in my head as I fail to fall asleep on the way to Amsterdam. So, stay tuned.

Also, the song, Jessica, is coming - I've made the music and written the lyrics (as of about 5 days ago) but haven't had the time/privacy to record the beautiful, angelic vocals. So it's coming - I have a hotel room/studio in Malaysia waiting for me. Stay tuned. Luckily, to console you in your time of need, I have added my Song of Freedom to the playlist (on the right, of course). It's something I had to write when I went to music school once in the past. This is a new 'made in Ghana' version. So, yeah. Enjoy and stuff. Again, please stay tuned.

Finally, a note regarding my earlier description of my packing up and leaving experience as comprising 'nothing too frantic'; at the moment I am waiting to hear from Ablo who is in Accra 'fixing' my Ngoni, waiting for Nana Danso to bring me some flutes, waiting for Okuley to come from Accra with his clippers to cut my hair and waiting for Otu to come and record some things for me. We'll see how frantic things are in a couple of hours' time when no-one shows up.

Awesome.

I'll post again today if I get time and space, but I doubt that will happen. Next post will probably be from Amsterdam, or Kuala Lumpur.

Thanks for reading. Really.

Bye.

No comments: