Friday, December 31, 2010

Waiting for the NEW YEAR

Hello.

Merry New Year. Soon. Well, depending on where you are. Soon if you are here. You're probably not, but anyway. Same thing.

Here's what I did today:
I got up at about 11.30 after a pretty crappy sleep, having been woken up by the power going on and off during the night and noisy Ghanaians. I had a shower. I talked to some people who are back in Australia via my mobile telephone and Skype. Apparently there was some sort of party going on there. Not sure why. Then I rang Adotey to see if he was free to have a lesson. He wasn't and said he would be free at about 4.00 and that he'd ring me. I was meant to have a lesson with Afotey with 4.00 so I had to ring him to organise to change my lesson to 2.30 to make way for Adotey's availability. He said that was fine. This meant that I had a lesson with Afotey at 2.30 and a lesson with Adotey at 4.00 (you can tell who is who by the second letter of their names).

So I went to AFotey's at 2.30.

I waited at Afotey's until 3.30 without him showing up or answering his phone. He showed up at about 3.35 and tried to tell me that he'd been just sitting around the corner (like, 5 metres away) and that he was wondering where I was. I explained that I'd been there for an hour and had been practising, wondering aloud why he hadn't heard me. He look mildly sheepish. In the end, I told him that I had to leave because I had a lesson at 4.00 with Adotey. So I left.

It's 6.15 now and I haven't heard from Adotey.

Productive day so far.

Merry next year.
Love from Jacob.

1 comment:

Stephen Digby said...

tweedle F and tweedle D. Sounds like a perfect example of TIA.... or perhaps the pacific islands ? or perhaps arnhem land ? Some cultures have a resistance to the invented tyranny of the clock - "timeless" cultures.
A thought leaps unbidden into my mind (I agree with Nietzsche - to say "I think" is a dangerous presumption) .... what difference does a day make....
Happy Tomorrow