Saturday, December 11, 2010

Another Post all out by its ownself.

Hello.

I am posting here just now.

Here's a brief run down of what I've done in the last little while here in Africa where I am:

Penelope and I have been hanging out. It has not been a drug-fuelled sex binge – drugs are bad. We went to see Harry Potter at the cinema, had two-for-one pizza on Tuesday night, went to see some Hip Hop performances at Alliance Francaise, went to the Arts Centre and Makola markets, had some drum lessons, did some rehearsing with Afotey's band, ate some rice and slept a lot. A couple of days ago, my acquaintance, Sam, arrived from Uganda. He has a very busily-posted-at and somewhat-derivative blog as well. So now Sam, Penelope and I are all here in Ghana, for a couple of days before Penelope travels to the UK.

So that's that.

Here's what's up at the moment.
Tettey (the man who I'm staying with) with a bunch of local big men is starting an NGO, aiming to fix up and clean up Nungua (the town in which I'm staying). Today is the inauguration ceremony, which we'll be going to. Yesterday, Tettey brought some guy to my door saying that 'he' needed to use my 'studio'. This meant that he wanted me to record and produce a song to use for some thing today. While I probably should have said no, I was intrigued and didn't know how difficult and frustrating it was going to be. Turned out it was quite difficult and frustrating – I still have to finish recording some vocals today and woke up at 7.30 or so with the 'singer' knocking on my door. I told him I was sleeping and to go away. He did.

Anyhow, the song is what will be in the Fat Gold Chain Podcast this week. Look forward to that. I dare you.

Also tonight Ayiku (a friend of mine here who makes T-shirts that you will able to buy one day if I get my act together and manage to get an online store set up for him – I'll keep you posted) has organised a 'Hip Hop Pool Party' called Swagger. I will be going to see what that is all about. I think it may be interesting. I may take photos.

Not doing much playing at the moment outside of the rehearsals and lessons with Afotey – I am meant to be having some lessons with Adotey (one letter difference – different person) but his sister died and he had a funeral and has been busy so there.

Sorry for the inconsistency in my posting times. If you have been checking this site for regularly and have been frustrated and saddened by my lack of posting, you can subscribe to my RSS feed, which means that whenever I post you will be notified. Alternatively, if you put your email address into the box on the right, my posts will get emailed to you when they happen.

Wonderful, yes?

Alright, that's about it.

All is well, thank you for reading.
Love from Jacob

No comments: