Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's Saturday.

Hi there. Sorry for the delay – internet problems.

Penelope's coming on Monday, so my last few days have really revolved around getting things ready for when she arrives. On Thursday I went to Nungua market with Mercy and Anastina (two girls from the house). I bought a bunch of stuff and wandered around for a while. For dinner the girls and I had banku and fish. That was about it for Thursday.

On Friday I made a trip to Accra Mall to go to the supermarket to buy some things. I can't say what because it's a surprise. I can tell you that I got baked beans, that's not the surprise. On Friday night Jane, Tettey, Rita and I went to see Tony Allen's band play at Alliance Francaise. Tony Allen was the drummer in Fela Kuti's band. There was also a Guinean hip hop band. All in all, it was good. I had a sausage.

Here's some photos:




Today I pretty much stayed in my room all day. The water wasn't running and I didn't feel like going out. I was asked for money by a couple of people and said no. I had fried rice for dinner.

That's about it. Sorry for my lack of interesting things – I didn't have any animals slaughtered in front of me this week – I'm basically getting used to being back in Ghana and dealing with the different flavour of scammy hasslement.

Thanks for reading. I'm tired now.

Nigh nighs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is the Internet down?