Sunday, November 14, 2010

Back in Ghana

Hello there.

The plane didn't crash and I'm back in Ghana which is good. Extra-goodily, the internet appears to be working for now. Hoorah.

So, I went to the airport at 1am and planned to wait until my flight left at 5am. Turns out the flight time was changed and was now leaving at 6am, so I waited for 5 hours at the airport. At least the time was changed to be later, not earlier – that could have been awkward.

Anyhow, I sat in the airport like a fool for a bit, then was asked by one of the guys working there if I spoke German. He had been given a fancy phone with the language set to German and wanted it changed to English. I spent about 40 minutes fiddling around with it, trying to understand German – I had nothing better to do – but ended up giving up. The guy was happy I tried though and told me I could sit in the security office. So I did. I sat there for a couple of hours and spoke about Africa and politics and human rights – another guy waiting had been to the AU's human rights convention in Banjul so had a few interesting things to say. It was a good way to pass the time.

Then I went through the airport, got on a plane, flew, landed, got back to the guest house in Nungua and... now.

I'm really very tired.

But alive, so that's nice.

Ok. Soon.

Bye.

No comments: