Monday, November 15, 2010

First day back in Ghana

Yo hodely how.

Today was my first full day back in Ghana. I am suffering from self-induced jetlag. I didn't actually cross any time zones, but ended up not having a proper sleep for over 40 hours. This was because I stayed up until 4am last night talking to people in Australia with the first convenient, reliable internet connection I had had access to for a month. Things like that are hard for us nerds to deal with.

So I woke up today at about 1pm. I got in the shower and the water ran out while I was all shampooed and soaped up. A lovely image for you. I did some yelling and the pump was turned on and all worked out ok.

I was back.

I then sat on the balcony for a while and debriefed with Jane and had some lunch – bread that I had brought from Gambia. It was in a pretty ordinary state and a bit stale, having been travelling for a couple of days, but it was a nice thought. Then, the guys from Kusun turned up around 3 and we trained until 6 or so.

Then a bunch of guys from the group (Theofo, Shaanu, Adjetey and Bibio) and I went to get some food and pour libation to give thanks for my safe travelling. I think the food was more of a motivator for their participation than the thanks, but oh well.

Then I came back here and that's about it. I'm still tired. Tomorrow is a public holiday (I think it's for Tobaski – the big Islamic feast) which means that all the Ghanaians don't go to work. For a change. Over the next few days I think I will hold off on lessons and just go over and consolidate all the stuff I learned in Gambia. I'll be training each day with Kusun, but don't think I'll try filling my head with any more new stuff just yet. I'll also try and upload some music and photos.

I'll keep you posted. Hope all is well.

Ok bye.

No comments: