Monday, January 24, 2011

The power went off for a day. Then I was here.

YO!

Jacob here. Writing on Jacob's blog. Who would have thought?

It's Monday night here on my last week here. This time next week I will be home in Australia. As such, this means that I am quite busy trying to get things in order here in Ghana. Today was spent waiting and trying to go and see someone to get my talking drum fixed (In the end, I didn't. It will get done tomorrow. Maybe) and having a lesson and training with Afotey – the last one (although I'll probably go on Friday to say goodbye). Yesterday I went with Tettey and a bunch of others to Nii Boye's (aka Atta Boye) mother's funeral party. It was ok – I hung around for a couple of hours and then went home.

Actually, now that I think about it (and try to write about it), I have felt very busy in the last few days, but I'm not sure what I've achieved.

Oh yeah.

That's because I'm in Ghana. I've basically been running around trying to organise and get things done by other people. The simplest thing, like getting a sample T-shirt so as to check sizes (I am getting a bunch of Fat Gold Chain T-shirts printed. Hopefully. Let me know if you want one) can take (and has taken) about 4 weeks of me asking, getting the response 'ok, it's coming' and then not seeing anything. Tomorrow, though, I have been assured that a small, a medium, a large and an extra-large shirt will be provided so that I can check the sizes.

Actually, that was meant to be today...

Anyhow, I am struggling to fit in much drumming but have pretty much learned all that I hoped to – now I'm trying to squeeze in some more practice time, which is proving to be tricky, despite the fact that I spend most of my day waiting.

Also, the power went off.

That's it for now. Let me know if you want anything. From Ghana, that is. Not just 'a car' or 'a holiday' or 'happiness'. Or 'fish' because I will have trouble getting it back into the country. Last time I came back I tried to bring some Fan Ice, which is local ice cream sold by boys on the street for 40 cents a packet. The Australian customs officers were not too impressed.

Oh well.

Bye.
From Jacob

1 comment:

Girl in the little black dress said...

Hello. Ghana chocolate? and T-shirt please. This is me letting you know that I want one, ok thanks. =) See you Monday.