Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Last Couple of Days. By Jacob.

Since Monday, this week has picked up. I've been busy as a bear (non-hibernating and non-koala, which isn't a bear anyway).

Tuesday I had a lesson at 7.30 with Theofo then spent some time going over the lesson and practicing while he was at rehearsal. Then, some hours later, he came back and we had another lesson, which I had to go over. Then I had a lesson with Afotey. I think for dinner I had fried rice.

So, this day was significantly more successful than the previous.

On Wednesday, Kusun don't rehearse, so I asked Theofo to come at 9 rather than 7.30. Apart from being lazy, this was because I hadn't had a chance to go over (involving transferring the video from the DV tape to the computer, writing down all the new material and practicing) Afotey's lesson from the day before. As such, I did this before my lesson at 9. Then I had my lesson, then we got some wakye (pron. Wah-che) for breakfast/lunch. Again, Theofo went off for a while then came back for another lesson after I'd been through the stuff. Then I went to Afotey's group's rehearsal. To mix it up, I had an egg in bread for dinner. And went to the Coming spot for a Malta. Malta is not something I ever need to drink again, I've decided.

Today, I blew off the early lesson - even though I had been going through the material after my lessons and writing it down and stuff, I hadn't really had the time to internalise it properly. I need more time. Drumming in Ghana is hectic when people turn up!

So, right now, I am waiting for Theofo to come for today's lesson, after which I have another with Afotey. I am going to do some practice now while I'm waiting, just thought I'd update y'all.

So, everything's ok, albeit busy as hell.

Cheeregards.
Jacob

No comments: