Saturday, February 21, 2009

Today-oodly-oodly-ay

Hello.

Today I played cricket. At Sunshine. It was a bit cold and windy but the sun did shine.

I opened the batting and made 3 runs. This is sad for me. I got hit in the head a couple of times. This also was sad but I am tough (and was wearing a helmet) so there. The pitch was dodgy and the bowling was good. It was the first day of a two-day game to be completed next Saturday and MY team (good) made 210 and have the other team (bad) 5 wickets for 50 or so. This is good. We should win.

Yay.

Tonight I went to a CRICKET CLUB TRIVIA NIGHT!

Double-yay.

MY team came equal-second/third. I didn't help much - I have very little general knowledge. This may be hard for you to believe given the broad-reaching and brilliant nature of my pseudo-intellectualism but it is true.

In my defense, there weren't any questions on West African drumming or Nietzsche.

Maybe next year.

Good night.

No comments: