Friday, March 18, 2011

It's another Friday afternoon

And we have another gig tonight, so I am posting here.

Is that too cynical?

I have been busy building a room. Here is a photo:


Note that when I say that I have been building a room, I mean that in the loosest sense possible. I am trying to help and lift things and generally getting in the way while Ivan (pictured) actually builds.

Cool, huh? When this room is built I will be able to set up a studio thing of sorts and get BUSY! Like a bee.

In additional you're-reading-Jacob's-blog-about-things-that-Jacob-does news, last weekend Kanchana (of Fat Gold Chain fame) and I played at WOMAD in Adelaide with Ash Grunwald. There are some photos and videos floating around and I will put some on here when I get a chance. It was good. I hit some things on stage in front of lots of people and may have even clapped my hands a few times.

So, that gig. Tonight at The Edinburgh Castle Hotel, on the corner of Albion Street and Sydney Road, Brunswick. There are three bands playing, Penelope Knight (my lover) is doing a solo piano and vocals set, Brother Nature will be pumping the room full of all sorts of electronic passion and Fat Gold Chain will do that thing we do. Should be good – $5 entry. If you come and pay $5 to get in, we may even give you a CD or sell you a T-shirt. Or give you a hug.

Thanks for reading, I may eventually stop spamming this blog with Fat Gold Chain things. Maybe. In the meantime, if you are reading this blog and putting up with my shameless plugs, you are probably the sort of person who should go to fatgoldchain.com and sign up to our email list (if you haven't already). 

Thanks again.
Love from Jacob

No comments: